About Me

My photo
Shakopee, MN, United States
This blog is designed for my fellow photograhers. If you are interested in my consumer blog, >click here

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

For A Good Cause.

Today's Minneapolis Star Tribune "South Edition" is running a wonderful article on Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. (For those of you who aren't familiar with NILMDTS please CLICK HERE to read all about this wonderful organization of volunteer photographers who photograph demised babies at local hospitals.)

It has been found that having photographs of their deceased baby helps the family with the healing process, and makes it "real" that they actually did have a baby. I have photographed about a half dozen sessions, and it is truly rewarding when a family tells you how much the session meant to them!!! If you are not already a volunteer, I highly encourage you to do it.

The first session was a little rough for me, but after that it's been smooth sailing. I was very skeptical walking into that first session not knowing what I was really doing, not knowing what condition the baby would be (and the family for that matter). But the second I walked thru the door, the family embraced me and thanked me for being there and told me how much this meant to them. At that point I knew it was something that I needed to do.

No comments: